What are E-Alerts?
E-Alerts allow editors to notify users when they make changes to specific areas on the website. In order to receive these E-Alerts, users must be registered on the site and subscribe to E-Alerts. The email message that subscribed users receive contains a link to the actual homepage or section, allowing them immediate and direct access.
How do you subscribe to E-Alerts?
To receive Content E-Alerts for a homepage or section when an editor changes content and sends a Content E-Alert you must do the following:
1) Sign in to the website. Note: You must be a registered user to sign in.
2) Click on the Access My Info button on the MyStart bar. A User Profile like the one shown below will display. The My Profile tab will display at the top, and the My E-Alerts & Subscriptions tab will display at the bottom.
· Content E-Alerts will automatically be turned on when you access your profile. If for some reason they are turned off, click on the button to turn them on.
· You will, however, have to click on the Edit Subscriptions button in order to subscribe to E-Alerts.
3) Click on the Edit Subscriptions button. The User Profile will open to the Edit Subscriptions tab.
4) Use the drop-down list to select the site or subsite containing the homepage or section(s) to which you want to subscribe.
5) Click in the box to the right of each homepage or section to which you want to subscribe. In the example to the right, the user is subscribing to the District homepage and Girls' lacrosse section.
6) Repeats Steps 4 and 5 until you have completed subscribing.
7) Click on the Subscribe button at the bottom of the page. Your changes will be saved and you will receive a message like the one below:
User Profile window
Edit Subscriptions window